Jan
Jan
  • Plymouth, MI
Asked on Jun 25, 2019

How do you get pet urine out of a mattress?

PamelaBetsyAnnie
+2

• I've used Nature's Miracle and it worked well for me.

• Annie

Hi Jan, you can use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Here's a link for you

https://www.sleepadvisor.org/how-to-get-urine-out-of-mattress/

Hey Jan: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. If you can take the mattress outside in the sun, that will help. Just spray the Odormute on the mattress so that it gets to the urine and let it sit for a bit. Then, if it's inside, put a fan on it to dry it out. If it's outside, let it stay all day. Be sure that the mattress is completely dry before putting your sheets and blankets back on, or you run the risk of mold. It may take a couple of days for it to get good and dry in the sun. Bring it in at night though. Good luck with whatever you use.

• Pamela

Hi ! You want to use an enzyme cleaner. This will get rid of the urine , not mask it's scent. There are several brands , just go to any pet supply store . Good luck !