Kathy Eichacker
Kathy Eichacker
  • Edwardsville, IL
Asked on Jun 25, 2019

Can I put conventional fabric or upholstered furniture in here?

Kathy EichackerBushraKate
+7

I have a 4 season room with expensive rattan and cushion furniture

q 4 season room
  • Rebecca Taylor

Hi Kathy, you can but it might fade over time because that looks like a really sunny room. I love that room by the way.

• Kate

It's your house, do what you want. With the upholstered furniture, you may want to invest in heavier drapes to minimize sun damage.

• Kathy Eichacker

Thank you Kate. You are the 2nd person to mention sun exposure. I never gave it a thought. I just know what I have is not comfortable and I guess that was all I thought about. Thank you.

• Kate

You could get a really nice beachy feel with "floopy" couches in a white/off white muslin fabric, sort of the color of the recliner you already have. They probably would not fade so much that you would notice. If you're feeling guilty about how much the furniture you already have cost, you can ebay it to pay for the new stuff.

In the other seasons you can throw afghans or quilts in colors to warm it up. A nice thick knitted blanket, warm socks, cocoa and a couple of books will get you through winter.

• Bushra

You absolutely can as you have so much potential in the room... If you need any help with style or design, let me know I can put a design together for you for completely free. The room is very pretty just needs some reorganization... The furniture is cute as well..

Hope it helps! Bushra

• Kathy Eichacker

What would you need to accomplish this task? I would love to have help. I habe bought a recliner then sold it cause I didn't like the look. I guess I just don't know what I want.

• Bushra

Your furniture is awesome and your room is beautiful. I can design your full room for absolutely free but would you be okay to let me use before and after pictures on my blog? All you need to is paint the room, rearrange your furniture and some new decor. I do need clear pictures for all 4 wall and measurements of your furniture with the room measurements. I also would like to your color choice.. like white blue what colors that you love. You can send me pictures via my blog's contact page.

Take care,

https://bushraslifestyle.com/

• Kathy Eichacker

Actually I along with most of my friends like my color choice. I guess this won't work because I have a fractured rib and getting around to measure furniture is not something I'm able to do now. I would absolutely not have a problem with the before and after. You must be very very good. I wish I could give you room sizes and pictures and you could work with what I currently have. We just spent a small fortune on landscaping so I'm sure my husband is not going to be to hip about me redecorating this room since its only a little over a year or so old. Really bad timing on my part. I want new furniture (conventional furniture) really bad but it seems to be on the back burner for now. Wish you lived close. I'm not real good at decorating. But I love beautiful homes and rooms.