How do I kill unwanted grass?

+4

Kill grass for good. I have tried everything and noting works for me

• Shirley Shirley on Jun 26, 2019

Sound

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jun 26, 2019

Hi Carolyn, well round up will kill absolutely anything but its pretty nasty stuff. Salt will work but, like with anything you do including roundup, you will have to apply it probably once a month.

• Ariel Ariel on Jun 26, 2019

Here are some natural ways to kill grass. Have you tried any of these? https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/how-to-kill-grass-naturally-kill-unwanted-grass-in-your-yard.htm

• William William on Jun 26, 2019

I use two cups of vinegar, two cups of salt to two gallons water in a garden sprayer. Saturate the grass till dripping. Otherwise use a vegetation killer for the homecenter.

• I just used plain old white vinegar. Will need to be reapplied periodically. How much grass? Are you planning something else for that space?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 26, 2019

2 cups white vinegar

¼ cup salt

Squirt of dawn

Mix in a spray bottle. If you have a larger area, you can mix in a garden sprayer with larger quantities. Use when it will not be raining for a few hours so that it isn’t washed away.

This will kill existing but then new may come back. If you over do it, it will kill the soil and nothing will grow.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jun 26, 2019

really depends on where the grass is to determine what is best to use---So where is it? garden, lawn,patio,bricks,cement,gravel,veggie gardens.Every method has it's drawbacks/pluses that is why it is important to know where the grass is growing how much there is to best be rid of it