DIY Glass Glitter Vase

$5

I made this glass glitter vase last summer and it has been one of my most popular projects and I know why... it's so pretty! I am a firm believer that glitter, confetti and pom poms can make anything better and this vase proves it. This is also one of those projects that uses stuff you probably already have in your craft supplies and the perfect way to give a boring glass vase a makeover.

diy glass glitter vase

diy glass glitter vase

Cut or tear tissue paper into small pieces.

diy glass glitter vase

Clean your vase with alcohol and dry. Use Mod Podge to add the tissue paper to the vase.

diy glass glitter vase

The tissue paper adds a huge pop of color behind the glitter, making this vase really stand out. Let the tissue paper dry.

diy glass glitter vase

When the tissue paper is dry, add more Mod Podge. I added some long metallic streamer pieces to the vase and love how cool it looks.

diy glass glitter vase

Add glitter! When the vase is completely dry, add one layer of Mod Podge to seal the glitter.

diy glass glitter vase

I love this vase! It's fun, colorful and just a piece of art that makes me happy!

diy glass glitter vase

It's playful, but also has enough glam that you could decorate an entire wedding with vases like these.

diy glass glitter vase

You can use this process on any glass - including your mason jars! A vase like this would also be a great house warming or wedding gift!

diy glass glitter vase

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Kathy Barna

Do you apply the tissue paper and glitter to the outside or the inside of the vase?

• Janice

If you decorate the outside then you can use the glass vase for live flowers in water. Beautifully done!

• Janet Morin

So pretty, thank you for sharing

• Betty Hoyle Rudo

Great idea to use for center pieces for wedding, birthday, anniversary celebrations where table settings need some bling! Super gorgeous!