DIY Trundle Train Table

$25

I'm always looking for ways to keep my kids toys organized and easy to clean up. This trundle Train Table is easy for your little ones to pull out and play with. And it's even easier to put away when they're all done.

First off all you will need is a piece of wood ( I actually used my old craft table top), some wheels, and of course a train set. Lol

So this is actually the top of the table but I flipped it over to get that natural look. If you decide to buy a piece of wood you can paint it or stain it to your liking.

Then I started screwing the wheels onto the table top, I ordered my wheels on Amazon they were very cheap for a set of 4.

And your all finished.  you can use wood glue to attach the train permanently but my kids like to recreate a new track so I just laid the pieces on top.

It's so easy to pull out for play time and even easier to put away for floor space.

Such an easy fix. I hope you guys enjoy making your own trundle Train Table

• Joseph Girard

Couldn't one also use those sliders they make for moving furniture

• Jewellmartin

That’s a great idea! Saves the whole process of adding wheels, although you pay for this convenience. But painting the board should still be easy and changeable. I did something similar for two lightup racetracks when our grands were younger. What else could this be the base for? I’m thinking about a dry painted pond so my grands can arrange all their play ducks, penguins, and fish with the pond. Jewell

• Breni

What about making this with sides for lego storage and surface to build?

• Paula P

This idea has inspired me to make my own trundle bed. It would be easy enough with a thin mattress on top and maybe a couple of handles on the side to put it out.

• Dixie Lee

I did a trundle for my twin granddaughters and used two twin mattresses. I added bed risers to legs of top bed and used casters on lower bed. I think you need casters on lower because these things are dang heavy and difficult to move in and out.

• Danuta Denise Stenborg

I bought a wooden train set for my grand-daughter months ago, its still in the box because my home is fully carpeted. Wow problem solved that's my DYI project thank you.