Fishing Basket Creel Turned Hanging Flower Basket

$15
2

So while cleaning out my mom's shed I came across a fishing basket creel. It was in rough shape, falling apart but I thought I could use it for something so it ended up coming home with me. It hung in my shed and then I thought wouldn't it look cool to put some flowers in it and hang it up. So that is what I did.

So here is the fishing basket and the color of paint I chose. It is Rustoleum in Eden satin. I lighted sprayed the basket giving it two coats of paint. Let dry completely in between coats.

Here it is painted. Love the color. Already have visions for the other seasons using this basket.

Next I lined it with a plastic bag and some newspaper so the soil wouldn't run out of it. You can use a plant liner also. I used what I had on hand.

Now it is time to add my flowers. These are called million bells. I added half the basket full of potting soil, added my flowers then continued filling basket with soil. Once done I added a hook onto my fence where I wanted it to hang.

So here it is complete.

I love how this turned out. It was super easy to do and is a great addition to my summer decor.