Asked on Jun 28, 2019

How do I fix a driveway?

BetsyWilliam

New house, long, cracked driveway that desperately needs to fill in the potholes and a new blacktop... and I’m on a very tight budget. Any suggestions for a DIY project to fix it?

Blacktop patch the fill in the potholes. Asphalt crack filler for large cracks. The liquid asphalt sealer over the whole driveway. Sealer will handle small cracks. Good for about ten years.

Hi Ramona: Whatever you do, don't hire anyone who comes to your door uninvited and says that they will fix your drive cheaply. They will either take your money and never show up again or, really do it cheaply, covering it with substandard materials. If you are going to do it yourself, here is a pretty good site that tells you how to do it: https://www.asphaltsealcoatingdirect.com/info/how-repair-blacktop-asphalt-driveway-diy-homeowner

good luck

Hi Ramona: I forgot to ask, is this a new house or new to you? If it's a new house, the builder should be responsible for fixing it. Good luck

You're welcome. Good luck and wait for a cool day so you don't get over heated. The smell of asphalt is overwhelming as it is!