Driftwood Necklace Hanger

$5

Driftwood is so beautiful and, somehow, so poetic. This is why I love using it in my home in every way I can. It is so rustic, the gorgeous curves of the wood and soothing colors. Love it!

But I also love a good pop of color. So I decided to use both of these to keep my necklace collection in order.

driftwood necklace hanger

I had found this big root driftwood during one beach vacation and I brought it home with me with the idea of turning it into a necklace holder. I picked out some colored twine to go with it and then got to work!

driftwood necklace hanger

I wrapped the twine around spots in the driftwood and threaded the ends under the wrapped twine with a blunt yarn needle.

driftwood necklace hanger

I added in little hanging loops with the needle. When I was done I held the whole branch up on the wall and made a mark for the nail.

driftwood necklace hanger

Hang up the driftwood...

driftwood necklace hanger

... and add all your necklaces to it! MUCH better than the jumbled mess I had before!

Get the full tutorial with all my tips here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2015/10/diy-necklace-hanger-cane-root/

And, if you like upcycled jewelry organization, check out my earring holder from an old frame and old shopping bag! https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2014/01/picture-frame-burlap-earring-display/

Lisa Neri