How to Make Tassels - Easy and Fast

$1

Making tassels the easy way is a step by step tutorial on making the perfect tassel. You can make these tassels in minutes without any special tools.

how to make tassels easy and fast

I wanted some small white tassels for ties I was adding to a pillow sham, but I could not find what I needed. So why not DIY exactly what I wanted? So off to the recycle bin I went in search of a piece of cardboard for the template.

This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.

how to make tassels easy and fast

How to Make Tassels

Gather supplies
  • Embroidery floss
  • Cardboard or you can use a  tassel maker
  • Scissors

Note: I cut the cardboard template a little longer than I wanted the tassels so I could neatly trim all of them to the same size.

First, I needed to figure out how many wraps to make around the cardboard template. So I wrapped the floss until I liked the size. I recorded the number of wraps I made so I could make them all the same size. Please note that I used the entire skein of embroidery floss for each of these, but if you are using yarn, twine, ribbon, etc. you will need to note how many wraps to make.

how to make tassels easy and fast

After you have as many wraps around the template as you like, you can either cut it off the template (cardboard) and then tie them or tie them and then cut them off. Remember to cut the ties long enough to be used to attach your tassels to your project.

how to make tassels easy and fast

After tying the wrapped floss together in the center I folded it in half holding the long tie ends and used another piece of embroidery floss to go around the bundled floss about 3/8" inch from the top and tied it off.

how to make tassels easy and fast

Once they are all made I trimmed them to the same length. It's that easy and quick to make the perfect tassel!

To read the full post and see the entire photo shoot check it out HERE!!!

how to make tassels easy and fast

Using the Tassels

I used these white tassels on a pillow sham I was making for my daughter's bed. Her room is still under construction, but it will be a romantic Boho chic oasis once it is finished. My daughter designed the Llama pillow herself you can find her free pattern HERE!

how to make tassels easy and fast

With the 4th of July right around the corner and I wanted some patriotic napkin rings, but nothing looked good with the bandanna napkins. That is when I thought of making some tassels using red, white and blue embroidery floss. Easy peasy and budget friendly 4th of July decor!

how to make tassels easy and fast

Tassel napkin ring on our 4th of July table. Looks great and was so easy!

how to make tassels easy and fast

Napkin rolls with tassels ready for guests. Won't they be delighted?

Kippi

• I love this project! So clever!

• Kippi

Thank you so much for stopping by have a blessed day.

• Val

Love this idea. So quick and easy. Definitely going to do. Thank you again for the idea.

• Kippi

Val, thank you so much for stopping by I just purchased a bunch DMC floss in bright colors to make more. Please share your finished projects with me.