Vickymcreations
Vickymcreations
  • United Kingdom

Sea Glass Bottle Light

$25

As a family we love roaming beaches hunting for sea glass pieces - over the years we have built up quite a collection of pieces. So the big question is then what to make/do with our finds, some trips to the beach we may only find five pieces of sea glass so they feel like family treasure!!

Today I am sharing with you a tutorial for how to make a lamp from a wine bottle. We have used a clear wine bottle, adding the sea glass treasure inside the bottle for interest. You can add all sorts to the clear bottle, as long as they fit through the bottleneck! You will need a lamp bottle kit and an empty clear glass bottle plus drill piece.

Start by creating a homemade vice for holding your bottle in place, ready for drilling.

Place your glass battle into your homemade vice.

Place a wood piece, predrilled the size required for your diamond grit hole saw drill piece (my lamp kit requested a 10mm hole, it's an English kit hence metric measurements).

Place the bottle securely. Use cold water as you drill the hole, then drill the hole (please bear in mind health and safety and wear safety goggles).

Dont worry if your bottle chips you will not notice it once your light is rigged and you have semi filled the bottle with sea glass.

Follow the steps in your light kit, until the last step.

You can read how we set up the light here.

Add sea glass into your bottle before securing the light fitting.

Vickymcreations

• Cindy Lloyd

That's quite pretty.

Gives me the idea to try it with sea shells or wine corks.

• Pamela

So pretty !

Year's ago I bought a fillable glass lamp base . Every time My husband and I took a walk , I picked up a stone , shell , sea glass , rock or interesting object and placed it in a jar , I call them memory jars

I had several jars. I emptied them into my glass lamp base . I loved it , it was unique and special . A couple of years ago the lamp base got damaged 😣 but I saved all the " memories " and have a couple more jars to add to it. Thanks for posting !!! It reminds me to get A new lamp base !!!

Perfect timing because we are moving into our retirement home at the end of the month .