Asked on Jun 30, 2019

How can I clean cat snot off of a painted wall?

MogieJamie SandiferConnie Vinson
+16

How to clean cat snot off a painted wall.

My cat has sneezed his snot all over my walls. How to clean?

• Suellen Hintz

Oh, my. I thought I was the only one dealing with this issue. Anyway, I just use a rag dampened with water. Sometimes I'll use a squirt of cleaner but that's rougher on your paint. The fresher the snot is, the easier it is to remove. BTW, have you ever had a booger stuck on your bare leg?

• Lynn Sorrell

Try some straight vinegar with a little Dawn dish soap and hot water gonna have to do it several times gently keep rubbing so you don't take off paint.

• Dawn Nadeau Reyna

Steel wool then repaint. I stand firmly in my belief that cats not has the same molecular structure as super glue

• Ro

I can’t believe there’s actually a topic for this online and I googled it because I have this issue. I lost my old kitty yesterday, as it was his time. He had an issue with his sinuses that was undiagnosable it seems, even though I spent a lot of time With my veterinarian trying to figure it out for the last couple of years. There are several good suggestions on how to remove this from the walls. After the walls, I will tackle the wood furniture. And I suppose my wood floor as well. I’ve tried to keep the wood floor as clean as possible but I can’t be here 100% of the time so I don’t know where all of it is. While I’m happy to see that others have had the same issue and I am not alone, I wouldn’t wish this on any of us. If there are any suggestions out there on how to remove this from kitchen cabinets, stained wood kitchen cabinets/wood furniture, I would love to know about it. BIG HUG to all of you! 🤗

• Geneva Willeby

Try steam from a iron hold it a few inches from wall this should help soften the snot so it wipes off.

• Majesticartax

I don’t know how well my method will stand the test of time regarding wall paint, but I’ve been having amazing results with 3% hydrogen peroxide with even the driest, thickest, crustiest of boogs. I spray it on, wait for it to fizz, and then wipe it away. The peroxide degrades the biological material and works really well as a method for detecting those invisible snots near popular sneezing spots because it bubbles and turns white on contact with bio matter. Sometimes I have to spray a single chunk several times, but there has been no damage to my walls, vinyl floors, wood furniture, etc. and i’ve been using peroxide for about 3 months now. I have tried SO MANY other methods and this. works. GREAT.

• Sonja Mikhailova

I will attest, I just did this. I used an old spray bottle, and strayed the hell out of the windows. It was disgusting!!! But... it worked!! I used 1 pump of ultra dawn to 1 gallon of hot soapy water (I used gloves), and 97% of it came off. Sprayed again, used the hot water mix again and windex with dry paper towels. Perfect!!! Our cats have an old dining table we have their food and water on, and there was old snot that had been wiped, but apparently there was residue, because the surface lit up like a Christmas Tree!! 🤢

• Rachel Marie

Get toilet paper wet and make "spit wads" You know those wads of wet tissue that were always stuck to the ceiling in your high school bathroom? Leave on for 30 minutes to soften the snot then wipe off the moist snot!

• J Brown

get a small "sample" jar of paint to cover any paint damage. Box store can color match the paint, can usually get large enough "chip" under an outlet or switch plate cover.

Now you are ready for whatever wall touch-up you may need.

• Morgan Morgan

THANK YOU for asking this.

I have TWO wonderful cats with MAJOR bronchial troubles. My vet is working with me on this awful problem. Mucus and blood are superglue.

I will try all suggestions: hot water, hydrogen peroxide, Dawn, baking soda and vinegar . . .

• Connie Vinson

I use a Norwex spiri sponge. It may take a little scrubbing but it won't remove the paint. Wet the Spiri Sponge a little and squeeze out excess water first. You have to buy these from a dealer in

your area.

• Jamie Sandifer

I so thought we were the only ones with that issue..never doubt the all and powerful Google !

• Mogie

I found that by soaking it that it would soften and you can wipe it off easily. Just take a paper towel, wet it, apply to the "spot" and let it sit there for about half and hour. That reconstitutes the stuff and makes it easy to wipe up.