Beautiful Tulle Flowers to Decorate Your Home

$15

Every home looks happier and brighter with flowers, but not ever home has someone with a green thumb. If your plants tend to dry up or your flowers wilt, you should definitely go the fake flower route.

However silk or plastic flowers can look kitchy or just plain ugly, attempting to look real when they aren't. Which is why the only fake flowers decorating my home are made on purpose to not look realistic.

beautiful tulle flowers to decorate your home

And because I love repurposing things that I already have, I used tulle that was already in my crafting materials.

I had a bunch of circular or square tulle pieces with a ribbon running around them to scrunch them up. These are used in Italy for candy-coated almonds on special occasions. I also had a bunch of tulle or other netting scraps left over from no-sew tutus and reusable produce bags that I'd made. So I turned these all into flowers.

The ones with the ribbon were easier to turn into flowers. Simply pull the ribbon and wrap the bottom around a stick, then wrap that part in florist's tape.

For pieces without a ribbon, all you have to do is cut them into circle (or square for an unusual look) and sew around in a circle with needle and thread. You can also use more than one layer for a thicker or multicolor look.

Cinch the tulle by pulling the thread and either wrap it around a stick as shown before, or wrap florist's wire around the cinched part and then cover it with florist's tape. This second option creates a flexible stem.

How pretty are those?! Perfect for putting on display in your home, without having to worry about watering or caring for them!

These are a great present. I couple of years ago I made a bunch of these for Mother's Day.

If you want a cool homemade vase, try my rustic twine-wrapped wine bottle vases ( https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2016/07/diy-wine-bottle-vases-twine/) or my chalkboard wine bottle vases ( https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2016/04/wine-bottle-crafts-upcycled-vases/) . Both are excellent homemade vases to hold your flowers!

Scroll a little bit down and click the blue "Go" button for the full tutorial for making colorful tulle flowers, with more details and information on how to add stamen to the flowers!

Lisa Neri