Accent Wall Idea: DIY Confetti Washi Tape Closet

$10

When I started brainstorming décor ideas for the closet in our nursery, I had a design dilemma. I wanted to give it a colorful makeover, but latex paint was out – those fumes rub this pregnant lady the wrong way. And my husband can paint a regular wall with the best of ’em, but I didn’t want to make him paint a mural or stripes or some other elaborate wall treatment. So I decided to try a confetti washi tape wall!

Alright, let’s get down to it. Here’s what you’ll need for your confetti washi tape wall:

If you’re a diehard color fan like me, then you’ll probably want to buy a tape set like the one I bought so you have lots of options. I’m obsessed with it… there’s a variety of delicious colors and it’s making me want to find other washi projects just so I have an excuse to use more of it. Anyway. Here’s how you do your washi tape wall:

Begin by wiping the wall clean with a damp rag to remove any dust or oil that might prevent the tape from sticking to the wall. If there are any scuffs on the wall, I found that a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked really well for this (I mean… Magic Erasers work well for practically everything).

Next, cut a handful of strips of tape in each color that you’re planning to use. My strips were all about three inches long, give or take. I didn’t measure each one, I just eyeballed it.

There’s no science to this, I just started taping the strips about 4-6 inches from each other in random directions. I did find that 5 colors worked well because it was rare that the same color had to end up next to itself. So I would recommend using at least 5 colors. Continue working outward until you’ve covered your entire wall!

So cute, right?! It’s such a great way to transform a boring old white wall into something whimsical and fun without spending a ton or time or money.

To see the whole closet (complete with adorable tiny newborn clothing) head over to my blog: https://design-fixation.com/2019/06/washi-tape-wall.html (or click "go" below for a clickable link).

Faith Provencher | Design Fixation

• Debi Jo

That's easy and cool ideal.. I like it ..

• Bryan

You should see my previous warnings as well as how collaboratively with the author we upgraded the Washi thing and moved to the idea of using ink stampers. There are the standard RED and BLACK colors and if you go to an office supple store, I prefer Staples, you I can get almost 30 different stampers in 2-4 different fonts. They even have some in SPANISH. The stampers are CALIENTE! That means HOT in spanish. I am not sure if Staples sells one that had CALIENTE on it but they certainly should. Good luck stamping. Check out my blog on all the ways you can improve on other ideas that seem good but have vest room for improvement.

• Pamela Peterson

Can this tape be used on glass (to imitate stained glass)?

• Julie Sopher

Where can I see the finished closet ?