Craft Room Makeover – Extreme Upcycling – Cardboard Wall

$30
2 Weeks

We have lived in our house for 20 some years and I am finally giving my craft room the attention it deserves. I have been working on several upcycling projects to convert my craft room from a junkie storage space into a room that I love. My first project is this craft supply organizer wall made out of cardboard.

craft room makeover extreme upcycling cardboard wall

I have been saving all the big cardboard boxes we got from various purchases to cover up this open wall.

My idea was pretty simple but it did take awhile to put together. I started with a rough sketch of the design and then started cutting up my cardboard boxes to fit the wall.

I used some thumbtacks to hold the pieces in place until I had the whole wall covered. Then I took the pieces down and started the tedious process of covering them with paper mache and Mod Podge.

Once all the pieces were covered I attached them to the wall with some roofing nails.

Here is what the wall looked like once that step was done.

To finish the wall I went back over the seams and the nail heads with more paper mache and Mod Podge.

The last step was to add my tin cans and stash some of my craft supplies.

Stay tuned for my next project were I will be using some more cardboard to finish this wall with door trim baseboard and switch plates.

You can find all the details in the attached video.

For a complete list of materials and supplies please visit http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/craft-room-makeover-extreme-upcycling-cardboard-wall/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please subscribe to the  Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Chandra Denise DeVaul

In your list of items needed for the project, you have coffee grounds as an item on that list. What is it for, the directions say nothing about it.

• I used the coffee grounds to age the book paper and make it a little bit more yellow. There are more details in the video. Thanks for your question.

• What are the used coffee grounds for and aren't you afraid of silver fish with all of that cardboard?

• Paula P
      9 hours ago

I would be more concerned with fire safety. A cardboard wall would go up in a second if there was a fire.