How to Make a Hanging Teacup Bird Feeder

$5

These DIY Teacup Bird Feeders are super cute and so easy to make. They are a brilliant way to use teacups and saucers that I keep collecting from charity shops. Nothing beats watching birds in your backyard and this hanging Teacup Bird Feeder DIY is super easy to make. It’s guaranteed to please your feathered friends and will ensure that they visit regularly! In a world where recycling has become so important, this project also reuses your old crockery. Plus you can use any that might have a crack or a chip.

Here’s what you need to make your own teacup bird feeder:

• An old teacup and saucer
  • Bostik All purpose glue 
  • Birdseed
  • Lard or peanut butter

Place the teacup on to the saucer and decide where you want the cup to be placed. Where the teacup goes on the saucer totally depends on the shape of the teacup and how it fits onto the saucer.  Add glue to your teacup and place on to the saucer.

Use masking tape to hold the teacup in place, making sure that the handle is sticking straight up. This helps it stay in place while the glue cures. I usually allow 24 hours.

Depending on the position and size of your cup you might just want to place your bird seed on it, or like we have you can mix the birdseed with lard or peanut butter and fill your cup.

I love using old necklaces that I pick up for pennies from the thrift store to hang them.

We also love fairy houses - so take a look at them here

Jen Walshaw

• Em

It is really cute but what protects the seed from wind and rain? Moldy bird seeds, nuts and suets can be deadly! We need to take this seriously, as birds can contract diseases from inhaling mold/fungus spores.

• Etet

I have one and before the birds found it my seeds sprouted! Now that looked very odd!

• Danny Cutts

That is such a clever and creative idea

• Fee Miriam Rosenfeltz

Lovely idea.....I think I will try this. Would also look nice with succulents planted in it, a few pebbles and an LED tealight.....

I had the same problem with squirrels, now I use the squirrel-proof feeders for the birds and put nuts for the squirrels in the other feeders😁

• Sandra

Very cute. Based on the size, I dont think the seed would last long enough to worry about mold. Just clean it and fill again. It is a novelty feeder, not your main one.