Do you have any unique ideas for a fence using plants?

BetsyNicki Petruzzella KernsJohnavallance82
+1

I'm looking to put up fencing. Looking for unique ideas and would live plants incorporated into it. TIA

• Pamela

Hi ! Old doors and shutters make a very unique fence ! Also you can buy a plain wood fence and make it special. You can use a torch and wood burn a design into it like branches or vines coming over the top and painting on the leaves or flowers. Seal it with clear coat afterwards . Hand window frames with or without the glass and hand pots with fresh herbs in each of the pane areas . Or hang a variety of galvanized buckets with plants in them . Or use your fence as a gallery , my sister buys old tools and farm implements and hangs them on her fence...Or buy or make birdhouses and hang them off the fence.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Karen,

Take a look at Metal Fencing Panels (Lots of Patterns) you can hang plant pots on it. or Trellis or Old Pallets or maybe a wall would be best if you WANT TO INCORPORATE PLANTS within it. Brick, Stone Clinker blocks etc.............

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

Pallet fencing with planters attached, or use old headboards and climbing vines.

Hi Karen: Depending on the type of fencing you have you can do wonders:) If it's the wooden privacy picket type fence, you an hang bird houses on the posts, not on top, cats will be frequent visitors, so use a roof with a pointed top about 6 inches down. Or, secure some eave troughs to the crossbars, put ends on them, of course, and use them as a planter for shorter flowers, hanging flowers or herbs. I hope this picture comes out. It's not my house, but I thought the fence was really interesting. It looks like they made planters all along the entire thing! Good luck