Laurie B
Laurie B
  • Newaygo, MI

My Garden in Michigan...First time growing Lettuce and probably my last....looks beautiful doesn't It?

Tastes so bitter I couldn't even eat it. My tomatoes are wonderful....Of course the salsa was made with store bought veggies as they are not ready here in Michigan yet, but still super yummy!!!
my garden in michigan first time growing lettuce and probably my last looks, gardening

• Alisa W

I like red leaf...not bitter. OF course I have a bad sweet tooth so I think many things are bitter so some lettuce is bitter to me that most people think isn't. I also like young spinach...also not bitter. I have a large water trough that I plant like a giant lettuce bowl with 4 or so different varieties. My husband likes them all -

• Catherine Smith

Ladena is correct. And make sure your lettuce gets enough water, that will also make it bitter tasting. Try it in a container, it's a lot easier to grow and harvest regularly. Lettuce is one veggie that keeps regrowing if you harvest the smaller leaves. Yummy