Front Hall Organizer

My front hall furniture organizer was in really, really bad shape so I needed to do something. I painted it, put hooks and a file organizer on the side and called it a day.
I bought some pretty bins and painted the piece a pale aqua green. Already it was better.
Here is the original in all its glory! GROSS. It had a cardboard back which I ripped off.
I bought some pretty fabric and tacked it to the back of the furniture piece.
Here is the furniture laying on its front side. I put the fabric face down and folded the edges so that there are no raw edges and then staple gunned it all around.
Here is my electric stapler and me hard at work, stapling the fabric to the organizer.
Believe it or not I bought this file organizer at a tag sale and came home and tacked it right to the side of the cabinet. Perfect! I love when that happens.
I put an old basket with a lid (tage sale also) on the shelf so that I could put miscellaneous objects in it instead of all over the place..
I thought it needed a design element and i love the nautical look so I glued a double row of sturdy rope to the front and knotted 2 ends. It worked out well, I think.
I put a plant and an old birdcage on top with some pictures of the grands clipped on with small clothespins.
I'm pretty happy with the way my "new" front hall organizer looks...

Linda B