DIY Patio With WalkMaker Mold

$250
2 Weeks

This is a concrete patio made with individual diy pavers using the walkmaker concrete molds.

Hey all,

If you want a patio on a budget, do this.

We spent a less than $250 on this 18x14 space.

We invited two of our neighbors over for dinner and surprised them with shovels to help us dig 😂.. jk. Kinda!

diy patio with walkmaker mold

After all the digging, we killed the weeds and grass.. I did some research on the Walkmaker molds and read that they required little preparation.

diy patio with walkmaker mold

If I learned something from this project is: lay the molds closer together next time!!! I only realized how far they were when the polymeric sanding started 😆

*you'll understand the 4 posts later

diy patio with walkmaker mold

After all the pavers were in place and cured, I laid down 6 buckets of Polymeric sand in the tan color, then watered it, waited for the correct drying time and redid another layer on top.

PS: I used a brush to clean the sand off the pavers.. with the big comercial broom was hard to clean it 100%

diy patio with walkmaker mold

After everything was said and done, I actually loved how they look more like stones than pavers, and they look like this because we laid them further apart.

diy patio with walkmaker mold

This is it! 😍

We are enjoying this space so much and now actually want to do more.

Now we are on to finishing a pergola, I know you were wondering what the 4 posts were about.

https://www.instagram.com/sammy_pampani/

Sammy Pampani

• Shannon

Who’s filming you, your husband? Lol Great job!

• Sammy Pampani

Haha funny you asked. I propped the phone on a paint can. I was alone.

So many projects that I forget to record I might just get a tripod for this.

• Jeanne Triplett-Adams

Did you consider putting in a powder dye for the concrete when stirred. I want to try this but want more special effects not just plain grey concrete. But you did a great job.

• Sammy Pampani

i watched some videos of people who did that, there’s actually a Quickrete liquid dye that you also mix in for colors at Lowe’s. looks pretty cool.

• Eileen

Love your patio project.I am very inspired!i was wondering how it is holding up since it was installed and I receive a lot of rain in Florida,no snow,lol!How we’ll do you think it would hold up,I also have a lot of sandy soil.Any suggestions?

• Mary

Suggestion: I would put a 1" x 4" board all along the edge of the white rocks. Why? when you mow, guess what is going to go all over the nice rocks, grass and more grass. lol

Also.. I hope your not somewhere where the ground freezes in the winter. A friend of mine did the same patio block installation as you did and each individual cement block rose up and she ended up tearing all of it up! Yours looks really really nice! Lots of work done 8-)

• Annette

Beautiful love the look and how it turned out for you. Really makes a difference after everything is done and changes how it use to look. By the way it does really look like stones.