Statement Panelling on a Wall Using Adhesive

$80
1 Day

We created an open plan kitchen and dining room area and still wanted to pull the two spaces together so I decided to make a statement wall which would match the kitchen island. The dining room wall is not huge and I wanted it to stand out a bit, panelling seemed like the best solution!

before photo of the blank wall. If you want so see how we created this space, see the kitchen renovation post.

Most importantly you have to get the measurements right. Our wall was 247cm high and 299cm wide so I decided to go with 5×4 number of squares. I went with strips that were 8cm wide. See the post for precise calculations.

We cut the mdf board in strips of the same size (8cm wide)

I created the frame on the wall and glue the top and outside panels using grab adhesive.

Once your framework is done, measure and glue the vertical strips.

Make sure all lines are level and square when adding the small strips

Fill any gaps and sand before priming and painting the wall. I used atape to have a nice neat line.

I used Farrow & Ball Modern Emulsion in Railings (I used a primer for the mdf board before using emulsion)

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
From Evija with Love

• Mary Mosti
    Mary Mosti

Could you do this with an angled ceiling?

• Vicki
    Vicki

The floor seems to have changed during the wall process. Did you install new wood, tile etc? Thanks

• Linda
    Linda

The boards are glued on with gorilla glue. If you ever want to change things and remove the boards, would they actually come off?

• From Evija with Love
      From Evija with Love

Thanks Linda this is a stone wall and the strips would come off using probably a small crow bar. I wouldn’t want to remove them as they look nice :) ps I would suggest using nail tacks on plasterboard walls

• Peggy
    Peggy

My living room was already painted black and I decided to put the boards on. I did not use the boards because I thought my wall would be to busy.

• Mary Coakley
    Mary Coakley

Lovely makes.a.big.difference.I see.you have a green thumb