Is there a way to cover carpeting so it gets less dirty?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAOlivaCynthia H
+4

Does it exist materials to cover carpet for it not to be dirty? I'm so tired of cleaning, and washing my carpet all the time. Help please!

• Kathy Gunter Law

It was very popular when I was growing up, still available. Plastic clear runners or larger. Check with your local flooring or big box stores.

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

I too was going to suggest the clear runners. Place them over the high traffic areas.

• Cynthia H

Runners in high traffic areas helps. Consider replacing them in the future with wood or laminate. I only have area rugs now and my life and cleaning is 100x better and easier.

• Oliva

Clear runners or carpet runners will save your carpet from dirt, but can mat down fibers over time. Prohibiting footwear and food/drink in carpeted areas is much easier.

• What are you using to "wash" the carpet? Incorrect cleaning products will actually attract more dirt and grime. I have mine professionally steamed cleaned every 3 months, but I have a house full of pets. An average family should have done once a year to maintain and get optimum length of wear. Or, purchase a steam cleaner for a couple hundred dollars and do it yourself.