How do I clean dog urine stains?

JudyBetsyKelli L. Milligan
+6

Need to remove dog urine

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

from what? furniture,carpet ,hardwood flooring,mattress,grout/tile,laminate flooring,vinyl flooring,grassy lawns,concrete patio dog run/kennel,clothing,sleeping bags????

• Lynn Sorrell
      Lynn Sorrell

Linoleum--------mix 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with a squirt of dish soap and a sprinkle of baking soda. mix in glass bowl spread onto stained area let it sit at least 1-15 minutes then wipe up with sponge and hot water. for odor need good pet enzyme Not all enzyme cleaners are equally effective. Good enzyme cleaners are typically a bit more expensive. Cheap ones will work, but need to be reapplied over and over (and probably end up costing as much as the more expensive enzyme cleaners). Enzyme cleaners this author is aware of that work well and reliably include Nok Out, Urine Off, and Anti-Icky Poo.

Of course any cleaner needs to be used properly. Most enzyme cleaners come in a spray bottle. This is deceptive, because just spraying a light layer of enzyme cleaner over a urine stain will not result in complete cleaning of that spot. Cat /dog pee wicks(spreads into outer area of stain), and unless the enzyme cleaner completely envelopes all of the cat/dog pee, even it won’t work. “Spraying” doesn’t work. Dousing, pouring, and soaking are required when cleaning up cat urine.

To properly use an enzyme cleaner on a fresh stain:

1. Blot up as much of the urine as you can before applying anything.

2. Soak the affected area with the enzyme cleaner.

3. Let the enzyme cleaner sit for 10 to 15 minutes.

4. Blot up as much of the enzyme cleaner as possible.

5. Leave the enzyme cleaner to air dry.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Where are the urine stains?

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Try Natures Miracle.

• Jill
      Jill

This. You need to train the dog!

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

Betsy

Hi Robin: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.

• Judy
    Judy

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

I know how frustrating it must be for you if you have a dog that just won’t learn how to potty outside. You’ve probably tried all sorts of training techniques that you found online or in a book at the library and nothing worked. At least, that’s what happened to me...

Me and my hubby were able to find a solution and I’ll always be thankful that we did, because since then we have had no problem teaching my foster dogs where to potty – and I can do it within a couple of days.

I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

Don't waste time sister! The more times your dog goes to the bathroom inside your home the harder it will be to break him of this habit.

Take action now and permanently stop your dog from using the bathroom inside before it's too late!

Here's the guide we used that shows you how to completely potty train any dog or puppy quickly and easily in 7 days or less...

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor and the stains! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?