Rotating Jewelry Stand Makeover

$8

Give a fresh new look to a thrift store find rotating jewelry stand. For this makeover, I used chalk paint and fabric to take the piece from old and worn, to bright and cheery.

I found this well used jewelry stand at my local Goodwill recently. I’ve been looking for something similar to this for one of our guest bedrooms.

It was in pretty rough shape and the leopard print pattern is not my taste at all, but I was convinced I could give it a makeover that would match the coastal decor of the room. 

The leopard print fabric was glued to the stand.Most of it pulled away easily using a pair of pliers, but some of it was a bit more stubborn. It had a cardboard backing to it that was a little difficult to remove. I removed the hooks and the foam inserts.

Once I had removed the fabric, I gave it one coat of ivory chalk paint for a base coat.

After the ivory paint dried, the stand got two coats of Agave paint by Waverly. 

I used spray adhesive to attach the felt panels that I had cut to size. The hooks were re-inserted and decorative ribbon was hot glued on as a border.

I cut a piece of cardboard to size and wrapped it with a piece of felt to make it thicker. I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric. More of the decorative ribbon was wrapped around the panel and hot glued to the back of it.

Ivory felt was cut to fit each piece of foam for the ring holder section. I hot glued the felt to the foam and then pressed the foam together before hot gluing it to the stand.

I'm pleased with how this came out and the new look it has.

To see more details for this project and for other thrift store find flips, please visit Across the Blvd!

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd