Rotating Jewelry Stand Makeover

$8

Give a fresh new look to a thrift store find rotating jewelry stand. For this makeover, I used chalk paint and fabric to take the piece from old and worn, to bright and cheery.

I found this well used jewelry stand at my local Goodwill recently. I’ve been looking for something similar to this for one of our guest bedrooms.

It was in pretty rough shape and the leopard print pattern is not my taste at all, but I was convinced I could give it a makeover that would match the coastal decor of the room. 

The leopard print fabric was glued to the stand.Most of it pulled away easily using a pair of pliers, but some of it was a bit more stubborn. It had a cardboard backing to it that was a little difficult to remove. I removed the hooks and the foam inserts.

Once I had removed the fabric, I gave it one coat of ivory chalk paint for a base coat.

After the ivory paint dried, the stand got two coats of Agave paint by Waverly. 

I used spray adhesive to attach the felt panels that I had cut to size. The hooks were re-inserted and decorative ribbon was hot glued on as a border.

I cut a piece of cardboard to size and wrapped it with a piece of felt to make it thicker. I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric. More of the decorative ribbon was wrapped around the panel and hot glued to the back of it.

Ivory felt was cut to fit each piece of foam for the ring holder section. I hot glued the felt to the foam and then pressed the foam together before hot gluing it to the stand.

I'm pleased with how this came out and the new look it has.

To see more details for this project and for other thrift store find flips, please visit Across the Blvd!

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd