How do I get very hard water ring from inside toilet bowl?

Kathy Gunter LawPeggy BurnetteLifestyles Homes
+5

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Kat the only thing I've found to work on the hard water rings in my house is The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner

• Lifestyles Homes

I would flush it with the water valve turned off.

Then turn on the fan, pour Lyme Away on it, put on long thick vinyl gloves, get a nylon scrub pad & mechanically remove the build up.

The fumes will be bad and protect your eyes & arms from splashes.

Let it sit after you’ve given it the first go around. Turn the water back on and let it full and flush it.

See what’s left and repeat as required.

• Kat

That sounds pretty toxic. I have lung problems. I appreciate your help.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Kat, sorry you are dealing with hard water stain in your toilet bowl. Hope this helps you. Spruce Up Your Inbox!

1. Pour 1/4 cup of Borax into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush.
    2. Add 1 cup of vinegar and allow the mixture to sit in the bowl for about 20 minutes.
    3. Finish by scrubbing the bowl with a toilet brush to removethe stains. Flush the toilet to rinse.

May 6, 2019

How to Remove Hard Water Stains in a Toilet - The Spruce

https://www.thespruce.com/hard-water-stains-in-the-toilet-2719033

• Kathy Gunter Law

Lysol Lime & Rust Remover Toilet Bowl cleaner, comes in a black squirt bottle. Scrub with Scrub Daddy or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

• Kat

Thank you very much Cathy. I appreciate your help. Looks like I need to go to the store for those 2 items.