Tip on avoiding losing socks!

FlipturnRedcatcecLucky Home Today
+7

I have not lost a sock in over 30 years. When I take my socks off I roll them together and turn the cuff down to cover the ball. It then goes into the hamper and the socks are opened just as I put them in the washer. One Christmas I gave my grandchildren a small (indoor) basketball hoop to hang on their bedroom door. When they roll their socks into a ball they can toss them into the hoop and a waiting bag below. It works.

• Vimarhonor

Great idea!

• Kathy Gunter Law

I used to do that but husband won't so I quit. I realized how much time I was spending rolling & unrolling. Fortunately, we have a hamper in the closet where we change clothes and so far (11 years now) none have been lost. When the kids were little, I used to pin them together in the wash to save time matching.

• Lucky Home Today

Basketball hoop sounds like fun!

• Redcatcec

Sounds like a really good ideea, one question, does it stretch out the elastic top?

• Flipturn

You're welcome.

As far as keeping sock mates together during the laundry, you might want to consider purchasing some net washing bags. I have used these successfully for many years, and find that sewing a snap to the zip loop easily prevents it from coming undone (and spilling all the socks out) during the wash cycle.