DIY Faux Succulent Monogram Garden

$45

I've been seeing these cute Succulent Monogram Gardens online and knew I had to try making one. And guess what? It was super easy. Bonus, I was able to purchase everything at the Dollar Store (except the letter which is from Hobby Lobby). There are lots of tutorials already online on how to make these. Here is my version and the steps I took to make my DIY Faux Succulent Monogram Garden.

Step 1 – Find a Letter or container…

I found this metal letter from Hobby Lobby. It is pretty large at 20 1/2 inches tall, and 13 1/2 inches wide. Obviously each letters dimensions will be slightly different. I used an H since our last name is House. They also sell these in a smaller size at 7 inches high. I went with the larger one and used my 40% off coupon.

Step 2 – Buy Succulents and other Supplies…

I went to the Dollar Tree (which is in the same plaza as my Hobby Lobby) in search of succulents and was surprised to find them. I bought a bunch. Some came in these little tiny pots, but I was able to just pull out the succulent (and now I have a ton of these little pots that I can use for another project). They also had some that were not in pots so I bought a bunch of those too.

I also bought about 6 Floral Foam bricks and a package of green moss. They sell all this stuff at Hobby Lobby and other craft stores, but they are much more expensive.

Step 3 – Fit the Foam and Arrange the Succulents…

I started by cutting my floral foam and fitting it all in the H. I simply used a kitchen knife to cut the bricks. Once the letter is all filled with the foam you can start sticking in the succulents wherever you like. Once I liked the way it looked I put green moss into any empty spaces to hid the foam.

Here is the end result. Looks pretty cool, don’t ya think? (Obviously you could use real succulents instead, I thought I’d take the easy route.)

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
The House house

• TammyLee

Did you attach/glue the brick foam to the letter?

• Helen

now, putting this together like this, do you spray them with water, is there any dirt.

I planted them on rocks, and they grew out doors, that is why I am asking

• Ann

Good for you! I say, plastic go Away!!