How do I remove wallpaper?

Maura WhiteChas' Crazy CreationsAnn|The  Apple Street Cottage
+2

• Kathy Gunter Law

Peel as much as possible from the walls.

If you can't get to the backing, you may need to score the paper with a tool. Paper Tiger is easy to find. Light pressure because you don't want to damage the wall behind the paper.

Mix 50/50 fabric softener & warm water in a spray bottle or garden sprayer. I've read that vinegar is as effective but I have never used it.

Allow the mixture to sit for 5 - 10 minutes so that it saturates the adhesive on the paper backing.

Scrape with a plastic scraper.

Once it is all removed, wash the walls with warm soapy water (blue Dawn is my go-to) and a microfiber cloth.

• Cynthia H

Hi! If you have access to a wallpaper steamer it will make your life much easier. If you don't want to buy one, you may be able to rent or borrow one. I ended up buying one since I had so much to do. I had tried Dif, water, fabric softener without success. I think mine was super glued LOL!

• I agree, a steamer is the way to go!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Here's a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mj26IwwEiY

• Maura White

I sprayed mine with fabric softener first and that helped it to be easier to scrape off.