Lh
Lh
  • Beaverton, OR
Asked 2 days ago

Can you give me ideas for making over this 3rd story balcony (pic)?

RymeaFlipturnJan Clark
+4

We will be removing these items ,but could not pass up asking pre early since hometalk was in my email just now .I would like a get away balcony mimi oasis look & feel to sit out on a table 2 chair breckfast nook type of table ,with flowers ,plants,a mini waterfall idea to build myself , Balcolny is approximatly 55.5 ' feet wide x 133.5 length

q need help advice suggestions for a 3rd story balcolny makeover

Looking west to balcolny closet

( items will be removed )

Looking east

( again items will be removed )

• Lucky Home Today

I love your ideas you already said! You might want to add a few plants which can hold up with the weather that your patio experience.

• Thea

It seems very narrow, I would add simple wooden box-like seating with a simple low back on coasters the width of the balcony on either side of the door facing each other. Perhaps a simple wooden table made from 3 planks (1 for the top and 2 for the legs) also on coasters and just high enough to slide over the seats. This way the space remains flexible and the furniture can be moved smartly out of the way when not in use. Also, closed boxes means you have extra storage. Hope my description makes sense.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Choose a theme and decorate with that in mind. A rug anchored under your seating. Get siding hangers to put decor on the wall without damaging it. Add some planters that sit on the rails.

• Jan Clark

In addition to the other comments, think up. If you're allowed to hang things, that will add to the atmosphere you're trying to create. Besides hanging plants, you could do a gauzy curtain for a little privacy - with a tie back so it isn't destroyed in weather, delicate wind chimes, bead curtain and even fairy lights around your small fountain. Many craft stores have very small fountains that are pretty reasonably priced - making your own is easy, too. There are several ideas on this site. Add an outdoor area rug to help focus the space.

• Flipturn
    9 hours ago

Does the balcony measure five and a half feet by thirteen and a half feet?

= 5.5' x 13.5' (and not 55.5' x 133.5' as listed)

• Rymea
    30 minutes ago

Since you have a door on one end that shouldn't be blocked, I think folding chairs are the best option. A bright outdoor carpet runner would look nice. You could add two more railing flower boxes. Be careful of putting too much stuff in a small space. It can look cluttered very quickly.