How can I store a 24 ft. extension ladder?

Kathy Gunter LawLaura CooperK. Rupp
+1

Need ideas for where, in my 2 car garage, to store a 24 ft. extension ladder. Ladder only used maybe once a year.

• Dfm

my ladder is aluminum , I just lay it on its side by the garage, the weather wont hurt it. you can hang it from the garage rafters if you want to, bike hangers work well.

• K. Rupp

What about at the bottom of an outdoor stairwell. Or ... hang on the outside of a shed? Outside is fine but BE SURE TO CHAIN IT UP!!!!! It is so dangerous to just keep a ladder outside where any intruder will try to use it to get into one of your 2nd level windows. Even with an alarm system, Lock the ladder! They can find an open upstairs window or find one that is not attached to security. This happened to us and I wanted to mention it because so many people don't even think about locking up their ladder. Now we always chain it up!!

• Laura Cooper

I like to hang my ladders on ladder hooks up off the floor and out of my way. This also keeps it from getting trapped behind garage clutter for those times you might need it in a pinch.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Overhead in the garage. I have large hooks that enable me to use the area overhead and love it.