How can I kill creeping Charlie?

VincentJewellmartinDesertRose
+2

• Tinyshoes

Shilee...I would try 2 cups vinegar, 1/4 Epson salt, little Dawn, spray bottle and shake. Hope it helps!

• Linda Sikut

HI Shilee,

It takes persistence! The problem with creeping charlie is that if there is even a tiny piece of root alive, it will spread - AGAIN. Tinyshoes mixture is about the best natural weed killer, but you must do it regularly. We had a lot in our garden and at first I walked it daily looking for small growths. It has finally slowed down a bit but I still walk around my gardens often. Please be careful with the spray and target only the weeds. It can also kill any plants that you might want if it gets on them. I hope this helps. Wishing you the best.

Here's an article that might interest you.

http://freeplants.com/creeping%20charlie.html

• Jewellmartin

What Tinyshoes suggests should certainly help, but ultimately you will have to dig out the creeping Charlie, roots and all. The vinegar will keep any other plants from growing, so be careful what you choose. Jewell

• Vincent

You need to dig the roots and pull it. This can be tiring but you can also use some herbicides for it.