Can you help me choose colors for my kitchen cabinets?

DeanLindsay AratariGk
+4

I just redid my countertops and they have a lot of burgandy and gray in them. How would burgandy cabinets look if my floor is white?

• Karen Brunck

Hi Dean. I think as long as you pull some white as accents around the kitchen, it will look great, and unique.

• Dean

Thanks so much! I will definitely have lots of white so I'm hoping it'll be awesome 😊

• Fiddledd224

Dean, sounds great, but a photo here would really help. Just so we can make sure that there is a good balance of dark:light here. Burgundy is a very strong color and white is very bright. How you balance the two (bringing in the gray is a really great idea) is key. I'd love to see the photos, though!

• Gk

I once painted my kitchen cabinets burgandy and LOVED them! I also had a white floor with flecks of grays in the flooring. The red/burgundy stayed in the kitchen for about 8 yearsI I eventually redid the cabinets in a medium gray color and I love that as well! The trick is finding the right color! Wish I could remember the color name I used--it was a Behr acrylic latex enamel and held up very well. It wasn't quite a burgandy color, and not quite a barn red color--back in the day it was what everyone called a "country red". Possibly the name was Behr "Black Cherry".

• Lindsay Aratari

What if you did the lowers burgundy and the uppers white or gray?

• Dean

The background of the cabinets are going to be white but I think burgandy and gray would be stunning! Thanks!