Repurposed Key Organizer

$5

Today I'm repurposing a pretty chair that has seen better days!

This was a special chair to my daughter many years ago because it was part of a room that was made for her as her Make a Wish. She wished for a gorgeous room with beautiful furniture that she loved a lot. 

The room is still amazing but the chair needed to be replaced. Instead of throwing it out, I'm repurposing it... of course!

I began by taking the chair apart and removing the upholstery from the back of the chair. 

I drew a line across the bottom of the chair and cut off the back legs with a circular saw. 

I painted the chair with Fusion Mineral Paint in Cathedral Taupe.

The next step to turn this chair into a key organizer involved adding pieces of  an old wooden thread holder I had. I cut them to fit inside the heart shape of the chair than painted them to match. 

As a finishing touch I went around all the edges and the flower with gold gilding wax. It gave the piece a little dimension. 

I put a sawtooth hanger on the back and hung it up to organize all of our keys. Truth be told I'm not even sure what half these keys go to. I also added a knob to the bottom to hang the dog leash. 

Think twice before putting something out to the curb! This chair didn't go to the dump, it was repurposed into something we sure can use around here! It can hang in the entry way, in a mud room, or even in a stairwell to organize the family keys. 

Please visit Homeroad.net by clicking on the GO BOX below for all the details and more DIY repurposed projects.

Homeroad

• Pbkmeme

So clever and cute.

• Patricia Bruce

I can even see it as a jewelry (necklace/braclet) or scarf organizer. I love the fact of saving a memory! Great job!!! Thanks

• Jewellmartin

Did you do anything with the bottom of the chair? This is adorable! The price for a 60-spool rack is $15.99 on Amazon, and that could make several racks, like for belts, headbands, and other things. Thanks!