How can I remove paint from furniture?

KmdreamerKathy Gunter LawLaura Cooper

How should I remove paint from a rocking chair. It has a wonderful high back and seat which are both made from cane/wicker. The rest of the chair is painted wood. It is in quite good condition but the paint is chipping off in areas . I can unscrew the whole chair and then remove the paint in smaller pieces rather than tackle nooks and crannies. Sander or a paint remover? Any suggestions would be welcome. I have not done this before. Thanks to all in advance, Kilgara10

• Laura Cooper

I would use stripper. If you fully disassemble the chair, it may loosen the joints too much. There are paint strippers that are low odor.

• Kilgara10

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I also appreciate the advice concerning NOT disassembling the chair. Have a really nice day

• Kathy Gunter Law

Citristrip would be my recommendation. Make sure you don't let it dry or it's horrible to remove. It may take a couple of applications to get everything off.

• Kmdreamer

You could try a paint remover you paint on or sand it off