How To Get Rid of Odors Around Your Home

$2

Odors... yuck. They lurk everywhere and we want to get rid of them as soon as possible. I wanted to share some ways I get rid of them in my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Let's start in our kitchen - smells from cooking, trash cans, garbage disposals, etc..

Microwave Odor-

To clean and deodorize your microwave, mix a little lemon juice in water.

Place it in your microwave and run for 5 minutes. You're microwave will be lemon fresh and easy to wipe out from the steam created.

General Kitchen Odors-

Cut an orange, add cinnamon sticks, and water to a small slow cooker. Plug in and let it simmer all day to fill your kitchen with pleasant smells. Make sure to check the water level occasionally as the water will cook out and you might need to add more.

Dishwasher odor -

Before washing your dishes, flip one of the dirty glasses upside down and add a cup of vinegar to it.

Place it on the top rack. Close and run your dishwasher as usual. Your dishwasher will come out smelling clean and vinegar also acts as a spot remover.

Smelly Garbage Disposal -

Cut up citrus of your choice - I'm using an orange from the simmering slow cooker from above - and place in your garbage disposal. Run the water and turn your garbage disposal on. Your garbage disposal will be smelling fresh in no time.

Trash Can Odor -

When putting a fresh bag in, add a little baking soda to the bottom to eat up those odors in your garbage can.

Musty Furniture -

Clean the furniture with a 1:10 ratio of vinegar to water.

After that dries, place a container of baking soda with the furniture to continue to absorb any left over odors.

Room Freshener -

Add a couple drops of essential oil on a light bulb when it's off and let it dry completely.

When you turn the light it will warm the essential oil and freshen the room.

Room Freshening Spray -

Fill a spray bottle with water and add a little baking vanilla to the bottle.

Use the spray in your rooms to give them a fresh vanilla smell.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Tina Vargecko Long
    Tina Vargecko Long

What can you use to g

• Crumly
    Crumly

Could you use a different extract instead of vanilla? I’m thinking almond.

• We have had LOTS of trouble with pet urine odor. Nothing seems to remove it completely. Any ideas? Even worse it's in the dining room!

• Shealee
      Shealee
      20 hours ago

Vinegar and alittle water also help alot getting rid of cat and dog urine smells. I have 3 cats and 5 dogs....it works believe me