How To Get Rid of Odors Around Your Home

$2

Odors... yuck. They lurk everywhere and we want to get rid of them as soon as possible. I wanted to share some ways I get rid of them in my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Let's start in our kitchen - smells from cooking, trash cans, garbage disposals, etc..

Microwave Odor-

To clean and deodorize your microwave, mix a little lemon juice in water.

Place it in your microwave and run for 5 minutes. You're microwave will be lemon fresh and easy to wipe out from the steam created.

General Kitchen Odors-

Cut an orange, add cinnamon sticks, and water to a small slow cooker. Plug in and let it simmer all day to fill your kitchen with pleasant smells. Make sure to check the water level occasionally as the water will cook out and you might need to add more.

Dishwasher odor -

Before washing your dishes, flip one of the dirty glasses upside down and add a cup of vinegar to it.

Place it on the top rack. Close and run your dishwasher as usual. Your dishwasher will come out smelling clean and vinegar also acts as a spot remover.

Smelly Garbage Disposal -

Cut up citrus of your choice - I'm using an orange from the simmering slow cooker from above - and place in your garbage disposal. Run the water and turn your garbage disposal on. Your garbage disposal will be smelling fresh in no time.

Trash Can Odor -

When putting a fresh bag in, add a little baking soda to the bottom to eat up those odors in your garbage can.

Musty Furniture -

Clean the furniture with a 1:10 ratio of vinegar to water.

After that dries, place a container of baking soda with the furniture to continue to absorb any left over odors.

Room Freshener -

Add a couple drops of essential oil on a light bulb when it's off and let it dry completely.

When you turn the light it will warm the essential oil and freshen the room.

Room Freshening Spray -

Fill a spray bottle with water and add a little baking vanilla to the bottle.

Use the spray in your rooms to give them a fresh vanilla smell.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Sadie

How do I eliminate the odor from a fireplace that has for many years been a wood burning fireplace. Thank you!

• Linda

We put charcoal bricketts in the spring on paper plate for 3 months then repeat until using again.evens works in house for hard odors.

• Catherine

What can do do with a old mirror

• Tina Vargecko Long

What can you use to g

• Stuart Onsrud

Charcoal works

• Gabrielle Falk

If I want to get rid of 'un-wanted' odours in the microwave - ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS - put a quartered lemon (lime, or orange - just so long as it is citrus - NOT citrus oil, but fresh citrus) in a micro-wave proof dish. + some water to cover the lemon (etc.), and nuke for about 20 minutes. Tip that lemony water down the sink - which will also help to deodorise the drain, as well as trying to keep grease at bay. Make sure that there is no condensation in the microwave. Because that will, inevitably cause rust.