Perfectly Repurposed Pallets to Pony Wall

$1

We have installed our new hot tub and there is no regrets. Although we had the electrical ran to hot tub my electrician was worried about it being a tripping hazard or damage to electrical lines. When we are in hot tub no place to set a cold beverage. So I needed to figure out something to protect electrical line and become a bar area for cold drinks.

Hot tub with electrical on side

Here is the conduit to hot tub that needed to be covered. I had been trying to come up with something large enough and high enough to work. I laid down pavers and had an idea.

Pallet from spa delivery

I finally decided why not reuse the huge pallet that the spa was shipped on. It was the perfect length and perfect height.

Adding pallets strips

I stripped down some other pallets and placed them in the spa pallets opening, trimming the planks same length of others.

Added fun saying

Once I got the pallet all put together I decided to make some stencils on my cricut with some fun saying on it. I use contact paper so they stick to boards.

Relax, unwind and accept the crazy.

I used different colored stains that were dark for my writing.

Caption done

Once I stenciled I went over blank boards with many different stains to add texture to my pallet pony wall.

Bar top

I originally purchased this 10 foot 2 x 10 for my laundry room bench but it warped so much I couldn’t use it for that. So I repurposed it to my outdoor bar top.

It took the help of my husband to move my pallet wall into place. And we had to modify it to clear electrical. We screwed the 2 x 10 into place and used t post to support the wall from falling. I went over the whole thing with Thompson water seal.

Modified pallet wall

Here is the inside of pallet where we had to modify to not hit conduit.

T posts for support

Here is a picture showing t post for support. We painted them brown to blend in more.?

Finished pony wall/ bar

The pallet wall is perfect to protect electrical lines, gives us a spot for cold beverages and adds a fun look to our hot tub area. I will probably need to water seal every year, but for now my all repurposed pallet pony wall cost me nothing and works great. Let me know what you think.

• Hazel Louise Campbell

This will be nice when I plan and redo my backyard for several areas and projects I have ahead. Just bought a home and it needs loads of ideas and lots of work. Thanks.

• Ruth

Sounds like fun!! Thank you.