How To Make The Best Essential Oil Shower Melts

$10

These essential oil shower melts are easy to make and are also a great gift idea! Simply add the essential oil blend you like to this recipe. I’m sharing several favorites!

I’m really excited to share these easy shower melts with you, using products from the Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box for July. The recipe I’m sharing is a base recipe that you can completely change up with the essential oils you choose to add.

Essential Oil Shower Melts Recipe

KITCHEN TOOLS
  • Mixing bowl
  • Silicone mold – I used  this small heart one but if you want the melts larger, recycled k-cups work great!
  • Rubber Spatula

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Cup Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
  • 20 Drops Of Essential Oil
  • Water (about 2-3 teaspoons)

• Pour baking soda and epsom salt into mixing bowl.
  • Slowly add water, about 2 teaspoons, and mix well. If the mixture is not holding, you might need to add another teaspoon of water. 
  • Add 20 drops of essential oils of your choice and mix well.
  • Add the mixture into silicone mold or k-cups and be sure to press it so it is packed tight.  

• Let the mixture dry completely. The smaller melts took about 24 hours, the k-cups about 48 hours.
  • Once they are dry, pop them out and store in an airtight container. Mason jars work perfectly!

Have you tried essential oil shower melts before? If so, what are your favorite blends to use? If not, I hope this post inspires you to give it a try. We love them and think you will too!

For more inexpensive craft and home decorating ideas, check out my blog here https://ourcraftymom.com/

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Our Crafty Mom

• Lenora
    Lenora

How would an individual use the

Shower Melts?

• Redcatcec
      Redcatcec

Put them in the shower area furthest away from the shower head stream of water, you may need a few drops of water to activate them. You would want to avoid direct contact with water, or the result will be a fast melt away.

• Tetet
    Tetet

How will i use it?

• Runewitch
      Runewitch

Let the water run in the shower and put the bomb on the shower floor under water and let it melt in the hot water the scent will rise up to where you are standing and help you relax and be calm.

• Yvonne Viers Perry
    Yvonne Viers Perry

What do u do with them in the shower?

• Colette
    Colette

I have tried making this twice now. The first time, I followed directions just like they said and when the melts dried there was no scent of Eucalyptus. I threw them out and tried again using 40 drops of oil this time. Well, there is very little smell.

• Becca Bailey
      Becca Bailey

That’s okay! Don’t throw them out, that’s a waste! Just use them and they’ll work better than you think!

• Rita
    Rita

I add 1 teaspoon of Methol Crystals. I place in a baggie and crush.

Also keep by bed and smell when I get a stuffy nose at night.