Jenni Ingram
Jenni Ingram
  • Wexford, PA

Super Easy Barn Wood Plank Wall

$100

We are chugging along room by room here in the house, and exciting news – I only have 3 more rooms to paint!! I think I’m going to throw a party when I’m done painting all this oak trim white. When we were planning my teen son's room I immediately thought of doing an accent wood wall. It was very easy to do since I enlisted the help of Weekend Walls.

Before
Before

My son's "clean" room.

super easy wood plank wall

Here’s how the wood plank box arrived. I was surprised as I imagined I’d be getting a hard to move pallet of wood.

super easy wood plank wall

The backs of each planks have suuupppeeerrrr sticky strips – these suckers aren’t going anywhere! They also covered each knot or crack with black paper, this was a small detail I really loved; over time if a knot falls out, you won’t have wall peeking through!

super easy wood plank wall

The wood is thin, lightweight and easy to work with – and yes, it is real wood! Just barn wood strips that are cleaned up and cut down to size; it's the easiest project I’ve done all year. The hardest part was getting the paper to peel off the tape on the back.  

super easy wood plank wall

Look at all that color and texture. You do need a j-roller (or any kind of roller that has a little weight to it) to press everything down nice and tight to the wall. 

Watch how easy this project is to complete: 

super easy wood plank wall

If you are looking for instant character for your walls, I couldn’t recommend Weekend Walls highly enough. This was the “Natural” option, although they do have other colors. Use code ROOTSANDWALLS for 10% off your order! 

I love how it all turned out and if you'd like more creative ideas, please follow me on Facebook. Also be sure to check out my YouTube channel for detailed paint reviews and tutorials.

Jenni Ingram

• Hummingbird

Is the sticky tape going to pull the sheetrock off the wall upon removal?

• Glory

Did you remove only 1 strip per plank to apply?

• Tatiana Pesco

How many square/feet did you use for this wall? It’s pretty expensive on amazon

• P Rae

I just checked the website.....it would cost me $1000 to do one 8x12 wall, and that was on sale... Yikes!!

• Barb

I would check other sites. There are tiles like this used as flooring and you may find a better price at bigbox stores such as Home Depot or Lowe's.

• Deborah

I wonder if that can be done as flooring