No-Sew Throw Pillows - Easy DIY

$20

Throw pillows are the best. I have them all over my house. They can transform any area, make it feel more cozy. But they can be pretty costly unfortunately. Today, I’m going to share how to make no-sew pillows from placemats. Say what? Yep, you read that right

It is not easy to find lined placemats lately but today was my day! Un-planned trip to Home Goods on my way to Home Depot was it! Couldn’t wait to go home and do it and write it all about it!

Supplies you need Place mat with lined back and glue sticks Scissors

So let’s begin!Use your Scissors to remove the stitching from a small section of the placemat, creating a small hole.

Once you get all of your filling in, place a small line of hot glue on the seam to seal the fabric back. I held the fabric together for few seconds after I closed the edges to make sure it sealed good. You can’t even tell that the seem was ever ripped.

And You’re done! Seriously. Can you believe how simple that was? With this simple DIY, you can make about 4 pillows for the price of one. I love deals like that! 

If you follow me you know that I love tassels!!! Couldn’t resist and add them to the corners!

I am more then ever lined placemat obsessed kind of a girl... Love Thirfty projects because I love to change things around my house all the time. Check out my to see more thrifty home decor ideas

Sunflower Farmhouse Wreath DIY

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Ardale

Love how they turned out! Very clever idea but how are you planning to wash them when they get dirty? That hot glue will soften and turn loose in your washing machine and the burlap type fabric will ravel making it nearly impossible to fix. I think a better option would be to just hand stitch your hole up and since it's a pretty small hole it would take very little time to close it up properly, then they would wash beautifully letting your enjoy your cute throw pillows much longer.

• Robin Roberts

I love this idea but how did you hold the 2 placemats together before you cut the slit and hot glued it?

• Valerie jones

I would like to see how you attached tassels. I’m having a problem with that right now...