Glass Bottle Makeover

$3

I saw these cute glass bottles in the thrift store for 50% off and I knew that with a little bit of creativity, I could make them over into something very charming for my home.

Each one had a logo, a darling spout and the shapes had a vintage look, perfect for my 1929 cottage style home...but they needed something.

I started my makeover by removing the stickers with a razor blade to make sure it all came off in once piece. Then I washed out each bottle, inside and out, with soap and water.

When they were dry, my husband brought them outside and gave them each two coats with a matte spray paint. This was not my original plan (and you can read more about that by visiting my site via the link in the blue box at the bottom of this post).

I wanted them to look like my beautiful glass plate makeovers, but in the end the matte paint turned out to be a winner.

Now, they actually resemble stoneware pieces, which fits my decorating aesthetic well, and the details really show up.

They are prominently featured in my kitchen, stuffed with tulips, sitting my antique milk bottle carrier.

Like I said, perfect!!

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Kim  |Exquisitely Unremarkable