Glass Bottle Makeover

$3

I saw these cute glass bottles in the thrift store for 50% off and I knew that with a little bit of creativity, I could make them over into something very charming for my home.

glass bottle makeover

Each one had a logo, a darling spout and the shapes had a vintage look, perfect for my 1929 cottage style home...but they needed something.

glass bottle makeover

I started my makeover by removing the stickers with a razor blade to make sure it all came off in once piece. Then I washed out each bottle, inside and out, with soap and water.

glass bottle makeover

When they were dry, my husband brought them outside and gave them each two coats with a matte spray paint. This was not my original plan (and you can read more about that by visiting my site via the link in the blue box at the bottom of this post).

I wanted them to look like my beautiful glass plate makeovers, but in the end the matte paint turned out to be a winner.

glass bottle makeover

Now, they actually resemble stoneware pieces, which fits my decorating aesthetic well, and the details really show up.

They are prominently featured in my kitchen, stuffed with tulips, sitting my antique milk bottle carrier.

Like I said, perfect!!

Kim  |Exquisitely Unremarkable