How can I paint the ceramic tiles on my shower floor?

VimarhonorJessica Welling InteriorsWilliam
+2

How can I paint the ceramic tiles in the bottom of my shower. I am not interested re-grouting again aant current tiles have lost their appeal. everything I see seems to be for a bathtub or the walls.

• Diana Deiley

Hi John, you might consider Valspar's Bonding Primer first, then painting the tiles prior to sealing them. Please read the manufacturer's instructions and precautions prior to purchasing all the supplies needed. Best of luck.

• Kelli L. Milligan

That's because painting tiles are just temporary and floor tiles get the most abuse from use and cleaning. Your best chance for paint to hold is use the kits made to go over tile sold at home depot. Step by step instructions are in the kit. Prep is very important. Hopefully it will last long enough to save up for a remodel. Try not to cut or scratch, will peel.

Homax Tub and Tile Paint kit. Will last longer than Rustoleum.

• Jessica Welling Interiors

I don't think painting those tiles is a good idea. It's one thing to paint a fireplace surround or kitchen backsplash, and I've done that with good results. But a shower is so wet and gets a lot more wear.

• Vimarhonor

I have personally not done this project —but here’s a link that might be helpful.

https://www.hometalk.com/38393518/painted-shower-tile?