Connie
Connie
  • Tonawanda, NY

What color backsplash will work best with dark& light gray cabinets?

FlipturnJan ClarkConnie
+8

• Tinyshoes

Connie....I think a softer grey or beige would look nice.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Try choosing a lighter color from your countertop. :)

• Mogie

A nice selection of barnwood in various hues would look good. It would also provide some texture.

• Jessica Green

You can never go wrong with white subway tiles.

• Connie

Thank you very much for your input

• Jan Clark

Oh, the choices! Is there a color you love that makes you feel happy? Always choose feel-good colors for your kitchen. Everything else in the photos is neutral and the area is small enough - you could go with a color that really pops and/or reflects and fabrics you might want to choose for the kitchen. And, since back splashes aren't forever choices - you can change it if you need to.

• Flipturn

I would dissuade you from choosing a color pattern that is very trendy right now. In my experience, a popular decor trend can quickly become very dated.

It looks to me as though your kitchen project has already been quite costly with the new solid countertops, etc.

If you go with a color/pattern that is seen all over, you may soon regret it as it looks the same as 'everyone else's'. It will be too expensive to change in the near future.

I would encourage you to choose a backsplash that is more classic and universal, so that it will still look attractive and time-honored in years to come.