Can you recommend a non-toxic sealer for bird baths?

Lisa S.Celia Jennings BoltonKelli L. Milligan
+2

• Polyurethane comes in a spray

• Mogie

Here is a site where a lady used Rusteolum triple thick glaze in a spray can to seal her mini bird bath. Just scroll down to get to the bird bath.

https://www.creativeramblingsblog.com/seal-painted-pots-plus-mini-bird-bath/

• Kelli L. Milligan

Oil based poly does. Put on at least 3 coats.

• Celia Jennings Bolton

Rather than take any chance that a sealer will be non-toxic to birds, I seal with whatever is appropriate for the material the bird bath is made of and then put a shallow glass/pyrex dish in the bowl of the bird bath. It's easy to take out & clean & no worry about toxicity. Be careful what kind of dish you use. Never use a clay flower pot saucer, & I'd be concerned about anything glazed, maybe even some plastics because of where they may gave been made. Right now, the only thing I could find to fit just right is a deviled egg serving dish. Besides the water, a little bird seed can be put in some of the egg sections around the outside.

• Lisa S.

Concrete birdbaths do not require a sealer.