DIY Watercolor Pineapple Printable Wall Art

$50

In this easy watercolor pineapple painting tutorial I won’t be showing you technique but just a fun way to paint a pineapple. By using a template you can paint within the lines of your pineapples and get creative. In essence it’s step by step watercolor painting for beginners. Then I will show you how to create a printable of the artwork so you can frame it.

STEP 1: Use Pineapple Template

Place the transfer paper graphite facing down onto the watercolor paper. Place the pineapple template on top of transfer paper and use a pencil and start drawing the shape of pineapple lightly. It will appear on the paper. You can find pineapple template free online.

STEP 2: Creating Criss Cross

Apply thin line of the masking fluid. It creates a rubbery outline. When you paint over the body it will resist the paint leaving those lines white. Use the pineapple template which has the lines as a guide.

STEP 3: Now its time to paint! (paint the leaves)

Purchase a small watercolor starter set, a watercolor pad, 9″X12″ and # 8 brush to start painting the leaves.

Basically I combined blue and yellow paint to get green. Do this by placing it on an old plate and combine the two colors until you achieve the green you like. Slowly paint within the leaves. Make sure you use enough water so the green paint flows nicely within the leaves.

Next you will be painting the pineapple base in yellow. With your brush apply water and yellow on the plate. It should be a watery solution. Start painting the base slowly.

At the end of painting I used a technique called dry brushing where you absorb some of the water in the paint using a dry brush. Let this dry for a few hours. Rub off the masking fluid from the yellow base and the criss cross lines will appear white.

Step 4: Creating the Printable.

Take the 9 by 12 Pineapple art work and get it scanned at a printing place like Staples. Have them scan it to you email in jpeg or png. You can print it out with your color printer. Now you have your own printable read to be framed.

Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Simple Nature Decor

• Heather
    Heather

No question. Just wanted to thank you. My mom collected 🍍 pineapples. She passed away last April. Seeing this made me smile. I think I will paint one for her.

Thank you 😊