Don't Discard Your Old Picture Frames

$25
1 Day

Do you have old picture frames gathering dust in your attic or basement? Or maybe you've found a beautiful frame at a yard sale or thrift store and you'd just love to turn it into a work of art? Well, this project is for you! I'm going to show you, step-by-step, how to revive your old or damaged picture frames.

I literally used two-way stick tape and an old picture frame to spruce up this outdated mirror in my bathroom.

One of the reasons I didn’t remove the mirror is because it is basically cemented to the wall.

When you remove these mirrors, it will pull the drywall off and then you will need to repair the wall. So, I came up with another alternative.

I had this old picture frame that fit perfectly over the mirror and the sink. If you don’t have one, you can find them in any thrift store or Goodwill.

I buy frames all the time even if I don’t like the picture. I just take the picture out and re-purpose the frame. Frames can be expensive at a frame shop so don’t throw away your old frames. There are so many things you can do with them.

All you have to do is buy a roll of two-way stick tape at any hardware store.

Cut the tape into strips and apply into the mirror. 

Then just remove the backing and stick the frame to the mirror.

I didn’t like the dark frame, so I painted it with white  chalk paint. That’s it. Super easy!

Want to learn more decorating hacks. Follow me on Facebook and get my  free weekly blog. I love sharing my budget-friendly home makeovers. 

XO

Cheryl

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Cheryl Phan

• Linda Pierce

Looks pretty, but does the steam and moisture of the bathroom make the taped frame fall off the wall?

• Ilene

Love this idea. Will the double stick tape come of the mirror if you want to take the frame down? Could you use Command Strips deigned for hanging pictures? Will have to purchase molding to do the project; no old frames big enough. Thank you.

• Jane

No old frames? Check thrift stores or Craigslist. Great deals are out there.

• Tanya Voris

How did you deal with the things that held the mirror up prior? Did you have to cut around them?

• Sharon Huneycutt Harris

We took down our old mirrors and replaced with cheap chest of drawer mirrors we found at thrift stores. We bought mine (for double sink vanity) for $25 and my husband's for $20 (single sink vanity). We painted his black and kept mine the natural wood. Cheap replacement so shop those thrift stores!

• Tammy

I have a huge old lightweight frame in my garage that perfectly fits over my master bath mirror. Of course it's ugly and I know it needs to be painted but I wasn't sure how to hang it. Thank you so much for the helpful post!