Teani
Teani
  • Semmes, AL

Volkswagon Dresser.

$165

Hi Hometalk! I saw a dresser like this online and decided to make one myself! It's become super popular to buy used furniture, but I could not find one that I liked, so I decided to buy one from Walmart for $99. My husband laid out the design for me, and I did the rest! I picked up the paint from Lowe's and bought the emblem from ebay. I also got the light from Amazon. I love how it came out Check out how we did it!

volkswagon dresser

Here's how my husband taped off the design. You can sketch it out with pencil, and then use masking tape or painter's tape. This technique can be used for any design.

volkswagon dresser

Working on the design. So happy my husband helped me out.

volkswagon dresser

Here we started painting, it looks great. We chose a lovely purple paint, but you can choose any color!

volkswagon dresser

And this is the final result, it looks so cute! We love it. The emblem really adds that extra special touch.

volkswagon dresser

The finished dresser. Hope you like it and give it a try yourself.

• Lorriedel

Your project looks awesome! Hey! You could change the colors to match the Mystery Machine for a Scooby Doo look!

• Laurie Morin

This is so cute! You could use knobs that you paint the same color as the color they’re in front of. Then they would blend in. Maybe you Could make headlights out of those Dollar Store press lights. Just paint the white part with chrome spray paint.