How can I get rid of small flies that seem attracted to our new deck?

+5

We had a new Deck installed in our yard a few weeks ago, and now when ever I go out I my yard especially in the Early Morning or late Afternoon I see all these Fly's sitting on the Railing or Posts. Note this is a Maintenance Free Deck that we had installed to replace an old wooden one that was starting to go in several places. We did not have all these Fly's around when we had the old wooden deck. We have a dog and I do not want to spray the yard with any chemicals since she does chew the grass a lot and I do not want her to get sick. These Fly's are very annoying they even land on me and some seem to bite as well. I already cleaned the deck railing and I still have these little Fly's around. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Red28408626 Red28408626 on Jul 21, 2019

my Granddaughter was very sick with so many allergies and we avoided pesticides and a lot of things in our homes we researched natural homemade things. We made a batch of homemade insecticides and repellents. They worked really well. Some we used on our skin and we could put them on our pets also. I’m thinking that might be a good option for your needs. Oh and we made sprays that kept mosquitoes at bay. Just do many things

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 22, 2019

I would put out some of those recycled soda bottle fly traps, there are lots of videos on YouTube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMcae4QACy4&t=54s I tape the top edge with clear tape, and salad shrimp works real well

• See 1 previous
    • Sharon Sharon on Jul 25, 2019

You can hang them up by poking holes at the top sides and using paper clips or string to make a hanger.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 25, 2019

Knats

• See 1 previous
    • Colleen Colleen on Jul 25, 2019

No not Gnats these fly's are bigger than gnats they are regular looking fly's but some are small yellow ,some are green others are black but any of them seem to bite me besides just being annoying to the point I can not sit and enjoy my new deck without theses annoying fly's around