8 Ways To Make Cleaning Physically Easier

$50
1 Day

After I had hip surgery, I had to come up with ways to make cleaning physically easier. Here are some of the ideas I used, as well as I plan on keeping moving forward.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I filled a small squirt bottle with 1 tsp. Dawn and water. I that I keep in my bathroom.

I spray it on my shower tile and glass. Then I use the Clorox extendable tub and tile scrubber to clean my glass and tile without bending over.

I sprinkle the base of my shower with baking soda.

I use the extendable scrubber to clean the bottom. After it's all clean, I rinse it all off.

You can use the same technique to clean your bathtub and surrounding tile.

I fill a dish scrub brush with dawn and keep this in my bathroom.

I use this to clean out my sink, clean off my granite counter, and I can also use it in my shower or tub on the glass, tile, etc.

I filled a small squirt bottle with rubbing alcohol and leave this in my bathroom as well.

I spray the rubbing alcohol onto the mirror. I then use a Swifter mop with a reusable microfiber cloth and clean my mirrors.

I use a broom to get rid of cobwebs in corners and on light fixtures.

I use an extendable duster to clean my ceiling fans and baseboards.

I use a steamer mop on both my tile and wood floors.

The best part about many of these is that they use reusable cloths and items. I can launder them and use them again.

For my outdoor window cleaning I use our power washer. It cleans out the tracks on the outside as well as the windows themselves.

I also use my power washer to clean my patio and patio furniture and cushions.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Busy homeowner

What ratio of Dawn to water do you use?

• Kay K

Use 1cup vinegar and 2/3 cup Dawn, no water. Heat one minute in microwave and spray whole shower. Leave one hour. Wipe all with sponge and rinse. Spotless and no work!

• Diane

How long have you used dawn on your granite countertops??? I thought you had to be really careful of what you used on that??

• Chas' Crazy Creations

i have been using it all along. I have been told it’s okay because it’s not a chemical cleaner or acidic.

• D

You have a beautiful home. Did you do the tile work yourself? Yay for wood cabinets! I love my maple cabinets despite the current trend to paint them. Your tips are great and I am a huge fan of regular dawn as well. Great stuff! And I'm now planning on getting some extendable scrubbers. Didn't know they made them! Although we were shopping for a new broom to take to the house we were renovating and it was late. Only broom and dustpan in the whole store was a set with a 4' handles. The broom, attached to the dustpan handle with a nifty plastic clip. Bummed I bought it anyway. After switching the broom handle for a full length paint roller handle, I now love my dustpan with the long handle! And I can clip the full length broom to it and it they will stand on their own for storage. No bending. Super helpful. Ty for your post. Appreciated!

• D

Ty for responding. Another question, did you choose the 1 piece base to your tiled shower for safety reasons or other?

• Deborah

I Love all of your ideas! I also use Dawn to clean with as well. But for my windows and mirrors I use a few drops of Dawn and hot water on a squeegee that has the removable wooly side and replaceable rubber blade on the other side. I buy that from Home Depot. The Dawn leaves the windows sparkling clean for way longer than any window cleaner and it doesn't streak!

Also, if the outside of the windows are exceptionally dirty, I start by using a Mr Clean Sponge on them to get the grime off then, finish with the Dawn on the squeegee. I had a knee replacement over a year ago and I also needed ways to clean without climbing or kneeling. Using extension poles, brooms, long handled scrubbies in the bathroom for the walls and tub really help. I'm also paralyzed in the opposite leg that I had my surgery on so for me, finding ways to keep active to help not ony with my healing but for making sure that I could still keep up with my cleaning without injuring myself further, was a huge help!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you Deborah and thank you so very much for sharing all of your wonderful tips. I appreciate it.

• Hilda Mendez

Thanks for sharing. I’m on my way to hip surgery. I do few of the things already but I didn’t know about extending wands. Getting them from Amazon. Your blog appeared at the right time for me to keep me moving and motivated. Thanks!

• Thanks Hilda, and feel free to email me through my blog directly if you have any hip questions. Good luck and mine was so very worth it.