8 Ways To Make Cleaning Physically Easier

$50
1 Day

After I had hip surgery, I had to come up with ways to make cleaning physically easier. Here are some of the ideas I used, as well as I plan on keeping moving forward.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I filled a small squirt bottle with 1 tsp. Dawn and water. I that I keep in my bathroom.

I spray it on my shower tile and glass. Then I use the Clorox extendable tub and tile scrubber to clean my glass and tile without bending over.

I sprinkle the base of my shower with baking soda.

I use the extendable scrubber to clean the bottom. After it's all clean, I rinse it all off.

You can use the same technique to clean your bathtub and surrounding tile.

I fill a dish scrub brush with dawn and keep this in my bathroom.

I use this to clean out my sink, clean off my granite counter, and I can also use it in my shower or tub on the glass, tile, etc.

I filled a small squirt bottle with rubbing alcohol and leave this in my bathroom as well.

I spray the rubbing alcohol onto the mirror. I then use a Swifter mop with a reusable microfiber cloth and clean my mirrors.

I use a broom to get rid of cobwebs in corners and on light fixtures.

I use an extendable duster to clean my ceiling fans and baseboards.

I use a steamer mop on both my tile and wood floors.

The best part about many of these is that they use reusable cloths and items. I can launder them and use them again.

For my outdoor window cleaning I use our power washer. It cleans out the tracks on the outside as well as the windows themselves.

I also use my power washer to clean my patio and patio furniture and cushions.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Sue

I cover the end of the extendable scrubber with a car wash mitt to avoid any scratches .

• Madeline

I have rhuematoid arthritis & reach far. What's the safest & easy way to clean the ceiling fan blades without getting on a ladder or stool?

• Carroll

Do not get on a stool or ladder. Ask someone to do it for you. A bad fall is not what you want.

• Jan

Can I use the 'swifter mop' for cleaning the mirrored wardrobe closet doors? You said to use rubbing alcohol to clean the mirrors, do you dilute the alcohol or use it straight? If you dilute the liquid what would the recipe be? Would you use one cloth of the swifter mop to put the alcohol on the mirrors & then change it with a dry one to dry the mirrors? Do you know if this would leave streaks at all? Am really looking forward to getting these mirrored doors sparkling clean once again

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Hi Jan, yes you can do this on mirrored doors. Straight rubbing alcohol. I squirt the mirror with the rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, then wipe it clean with the microfiber cleaning cloth. The key is a good microfiber cloth - a quality one will do a great job. You can also look into these cleaning cloths as I have used them to clean my windows and mirrors with great success... https://amzn.to/2JtIkdS

• Michele

Great ideas!!!

• Jan

Thanks for the great tip on using the Swifter mop with a reusable microfiber cloth to do mirrors. I have mirrored sliding glass closet doors & even though I'm a 6' gal who can reach the tops of the mirrors, it sure will help so I won't have to bend down, especially since I have a bad back that won't let me bend. WOW - another great idea!! Thanks a million!!!