DIY Pantry Can Organizer

$20

Look, I get it. We have kids too. Typically things are in complete disarray, but isn't it kind of nice to be able to have some areas of your home that are semi-organized?

Take your pantry or food storage for example. There's something about opening up a pantry that is staring back at you organized and you're like ... Oh. Oh yes. Praise him high and low. Don't feel bad, we all gotta start somewhere! Like here:

Eek! Okay, don't judge me. I love food. But I couldn't stand the thought of this any more. It just hurt my soul.

We decided to try to makeover this entire pantry for under $100, which sounds like a lot of money, but we wanted to rip out those wire shelves, put in wood shelves, and do some skinnylap in the back. (That's like shiplap, but skinny, FIY. Technically it's more like schmediumlap truth be told.)

What I didn't want to do with these beautiful shelves was just throw food back in here and not have it organized so we decided to build some pantry can storage organizers!

It was so easy! All we did was measure how wide we needed them and stacked some 2x4s on top of each other.

We attached them with wood glue and stained them to match the shelves and voila! Way cheaper than I could find any!!

To see the full pantry reveal, you can click this link right here to go see it on my blog!

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Carmen Smith

• Mary McGrath
    Mary McGrath

Have you thought about making a new pantry door? Perhaps using chicken wire inset so you can actually see the pantry and admire the beauty (not just when the door is open)?

• Tammie Miller
      Tammie Miller

I did that on a cabinet makeover and it was really a focal point. I was complimented more on the chicken wire than anything. Great suggestion! I think it would go well with the wood and help the beauty of the wood to stand out, and also it would help someone like myself to always make sure my pantry was in order! LOL!

• Kim Figgins
    Kim Figgins

How far apart are your shelves and how deep did you make them?

• Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
    Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

Thanks for spelling voila with a v! 🤣 seen it spelled "wala" soooooo many times on here lol your pantry is a thing of beauty btw I'm kinda jealous

• Gwen Barham Loftus
    Gwen Barham Loftus

I love the simplicity and the usefulness of your idea. So easy to see what you have on hand. I think I can do this in my regular cupboards since I don't have the luxury of a pantry. Thanks for the idea! It looks fabulous.