DIY Pantry Can Organizer

$20

Look, I get it. We have kids too. Typically things are in complete disarray, but isn't it kind of nice to be able to have some areas of your home that are semi-organized?

Take your pantry or food storage for example. There's something about opening up a pantry that is staring back at you organized and you're like ... Oh. Oh yes. Praise him high and low. Don't feel bad, we all gotta start somewhere! Like here:

Eek! Okay, don't judge me. I love food. But I couldn't stand the thought of this any more. It just hurt my soul.

We decided to try to makeover this entire pantry for under $100, which sounds like a lot of money, but we wanted to rip out those wire shelves, put in wood shelves, and do some skinnylap in the back. (That's like shiplap, but skinny, FIY. Technically it's more like schmediumlap truth be told.)

What I didn't want to do with these beautiful shelves was just throw food back in here and not have it organized so we decided to build some pantry can storage organizers!

It was so easy! All we did was measure how wide we needed them and stacked some 2x4s on top of each other.

We attached them with wood glue and stained them to match the shelves and voila! Way cheaper than I could find any!!

To see the full pantry reveal, you can click this link right here to go see it on my blog!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Carmen Smith

• Mary McGrath

Have you thought about making a new pantry door? Perhaps using chicken wire inset so you can actually see the pantry and admire the beauty (not just when the door is open)?

• Tammie Miller

I did that on a cabinet makeover and it was really a focal point. I was complimented more on the chicken wire than anything. Great suggestion! I think it would go well with the wood and help the beauty of the wood to stand out, and also it would help someone like myself to always make sure my pantry was in order! LOL!

• Kim Figgins

How far apart are your shelves and how deep did you make them?