How do I clean my microwave?

AnnieKathy DeStafinoTinyshoes
+4

• Chloe Crabtree

Place 1 cup of water and some lemon, lime, or orange slices (squeeze a little juice from the fruit slices into the water) or several tablespoons of white or apple cider vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl and set it inside your appliance

• Dmholt4391

You can use plain water, too. Just heat some water in the micro and let it steam up to loosen anything stuck on inside. Then wipe it clean with a sponge and some soap. Rinse and -WaLa, simple and now clean. Yay. :)

• Lynne

For the microwave, mix one cup water with one tablespoon vinegar in a microwave safe dish. I use a glass measuring cup. Microwave for 5 minutes. BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself when removing the measuring cup. The steam will loosen any cooked on food. Just wipe with a clean cloth. I shared more ideas about how to clean your home without chemicals here: https://myfamilythyme.com/terrific-tips-to-clean-your-home-without-chemicals/

• Dwp7470b

I agree with Lynne. This is how I learned to do this task too. Once you get the vinegar/steam inside it assists getting the grime out of crevices and makes it much easier to wipe it down

• Tinyshoes

Karen....Just put a little water or vinegar water in a microsafe cup/bowel and turn microwave on for 2 or 3 minutes . After it goes off you should be able to wipe the inside clean as the steam will loosen any food particles for a good cleaning.

• Kathy DeStafino

1 cup vinegar

1 cup water

Wooden spoon

Please in a microwave safe bowl. Spoon is to prevent overheating. Turn on for 5 minutes. Remove with mitt. Wipe clean.

• Annie

I put about 3 cups of water in a large measuring cup, stick it in the microwave and turn it on for 3 minutes. Then I can easily wipe out the whole microwave.