Mason Jar Sewing Kit

$4

This is the most adorable addition to my craft room! It makes for a great gift as well. It’s super inexpensive and simple to make.

Most of these materials you will probably have just hanging around your home!

-A pair of scissors

-A small mason jar

-a handful of pillow stuffing

-a piece of your favorite material size will vary by your size jar lid. Mine was a 5”x5” square.

I chose drop cloth to go with the theme of my craft room. Plus using what you already have is a great way to save money.

Place your stuffing on your material like shown! I already have drop cloth curtains in my craft room so I simply cut a 5”x5” square off the bottom that noone will ever see. :)

Next place the inside of your lid on top of the stuffing like shown. I also already had stuffing from a previous project. It doesn’t take very much for this project.

Cram all of the stuffing and fabric inside the actual lid. Once your stuffing and fabric are inside the putter ring like shown they should fit snug. If it’s still loose and coming out of the jar ring you need to add more stuffing. I used a handful size amount.

You will then need to trim your material down in order to screw the lid onto your jar.

Make sure you get it as close to the inner lid as possible or your ring won’t secure onto your jar. A razor blade is a good idea to get it very close if you have one available.

The top should be very full and fluffy once the lid is complete it should look like this.

Now you can screw the lid onto your jar as shown! If it doesn’t fit secure you may need to trim your fabric a little more.

That it!! Pretty simply right?! And such a super cute way to style these items. Don’t forget it makes a great gift for the special “crafter” as well. Have fun! Make it your own! Painting the jar is always a great addition.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss

• Susan Kimmer

Do you glue the fabric to secure it? Or did I miss that step. If not glued then every time you unscrew the lid stuffing will come out.

• Kaelyn

When I made one i didnt't have drop cloth so I just used whatever material I had on hand. I hot glued mine to the cover because it was a thinner material but i do think that if it is a thicker material like drop cloth you shouldn't need to glue. This was a fun project to make for my daughters first sewing kit.